This bulletin contains information on law changes, government discussions, court decisions, and other labor issues in Japan.
We hope that some of this information will also be of interest to activists, supporters of the General Union, and those who want to know more about labor issues in general in Japan.
- “Average minimum wage to be ¥930”: record ¥28 increase
- Unemployment of 5.5% without Employment Adjustment funds: estimated 2.6-point effect
- Employment Adjustment Subsidy special measures considered for extension until end of year: support for companies impacted by minimum wage increase
- Employment Adjustment Subsidy special measures to be continued to the end of the year: PM Suga to council
- Alleged unpaid wages to three employees, totaling ¥3.24 million: charges filed against plastics manufacturing company and company president
- Miyazaki Prefecture cuts pay without notice for five part-timers, then withdraws cuts after internal warning
- When whole facility closed due to COVID-19, tenant businesses should pay kyugyo teate to their workers: woman sues company
- Kanazawa introduces “Partnership”: first step toward LGBT acceptance in Hokuriku
- And more!