This bulletin contains information on law changes, government discussions, court decisions, and other labor issues in Japan.
We hope that some of this information will also be of interest to activists, supporters of the General Union, and those who want to know more about labor issues in general in Japan.
- “Discretionary labor system has large proportion of people working long hours”: MHWL survey result
- Labor-management troubles: consultations over firings and work conditions up by 10% compared to previous year
- “Maternity Health Care Measures in Connection with COVID-19”, MHWL
- Former branch manager at Marugame Seimen complains to LSIO: “I was working during ‘breaks’”
- Seven nursery-school teachers sue for “¥10 million in unpaid overtime”: “no concept of breaks, we couldn’t even use the toilet”
- Everyone fired with COVID-19 as reason: taxi drivers sue to invalidate dismissal
- Yamaha English School makes its teachers employees: contracts from July
- Number of workers receiving summer bonuses decreases by 790,000 from last summer: polarization increasing
- National Pension exemptions and postponements reach new high of 6.09 million: influence of coronavirus
- Half are paid less than ¥2 million per year: harsh reality for part-time public servants
- And more!