This bulletin contains information on law changes, government discussions, court decisions, and other labor issues in Japan.
We hope that some of this information will also be of interest to activists, supporters of the General Union, and those who want to know more about labor issues in general in Japan.
In this bulletin…
- Companies begin being required to publish gender gaps in wages
- Results of 26th House of Councilors regular election
- Part-timers unionize at Patagonia, complaining of “evading unlimited contracts”
- Changing into uniform: is this included in work hours? Restaurant chains differ in their approaches
- Senshu U. part-time lecturer granted “unlimited contract after 5 years” by Superior Court; application of special “10-year rule” rejected
- Wage increase rate at small companies 1.5%, highest in 24 years: MHWL
- Japan ranks 116th in gender equality: lags in politics and economic status, ranks last of developed countries–international survey
- U.S. consumer prices rise 9.1% in June: highest in 40 years
- Nintendo to treat same-sex partners the same as spouses; also bans “outing”
- IMF head says world economic growth-rate predictions may need to be lowered: slowdown in China