his bulletin contains information on law changes, government discussions, court decisions, and other labor issues in Japan. We hope that some of this information will also be of interest to activists, supporters of the General Union, and those who want to know more about labor issues in general in Japan.
In this bulletin…
- Employment subsidy “special measures” for COVID extended to end of September
- Publicizing gender gap in wages: system to start in July– “women’s Honebuto no Hoshin” decided
- New Capitalism grand design and action plan/follow-up (2022)
- “Summary of Survey on Labor Union Activity, Etc., Reiwa 3 ”
- Amazon delivery “independent drivers” in a “de facto employment relationship” with company–LSIO issues citation
- Sophia U. rejects LSIO citation over 750,000 of unpaid wages
- Prefecture bears responsibility in depression suicide after 150 hrs./mth. of overtime: 68.1 million in compensation ordered
- Fired from Nagoya Business Junior College, faculty union secretary-general sues school
- Unpaid overtime rampant at Kisoji? Four in ten employees do not make accurate work reports
- Skylark to pay wages for minutes rounded down: 1.6bn to part-timers etc.
- “Fired from Keio”: part-time lecturer who worked eight years sues seeking permanent employment–Yokohama District Court
- Biggest 105 food companies have raised prices on over 10,000 items since start of year; amount of price rises also increases–prices go up on average by 13%; price hikes likely to continue into Autumn; effects of rising oil prices felt
- World growth rate slumps to 2.9% World Bank prediction for 2022 affected by invasion