Direct Hire ALTs under attack!
- In 2020 you’ll become an irregular komuin
- This means one year renewable contracts but at the lowest end of pay and conditions forever.
- You’ll have to reapply each year
- Is there anything positive in the new law?
Employment Contracts & Illegalities
- What has to be in an employment contract?
- What can’t be included?
- What can I do if my contract doesn’t guarantee the minimum stated in the law?
- Is it possible to sign away my rights?
- Does an illegal clause invalidate my contract?
Health & Pension
- Working 20 hours/wk?
- Want to be enrolled but being refused?
- Can I get enrolment at 20 hours even in a smaller company?
- What does the insurance cover?
- Worried about your future after retirement?
- Can you be forced to retire?
- What’s the retirement age?
- Do part timers have to retire?
- What income supports can I count on
Unlimited Term Contracts
- Have schools been following the law on this?
- How can you apply?
- Why is my school saying 10 years and the union saying five?
- Have you already been told you’ll have contract limits?
Have more questions about these topics?
Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll answer them on the day – as well as put out a written report later.