• PM Shinzo Abe enthusiastic for “work-style reform” in new-year press conference;
• Starting in 2018, the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Labor will begin working on letting over 20,000 irregularly-employed workers per year obtain government qualifications;
• To relieve the shortage of Labor Standards Inspectors, retired Labor Inspectors to be employed part-time;
• Former Dragon Zakura assistant makes waves in the manga world by claiming overtime pay;
• The Niigata Prefectural Board of Education announced that a female employee in the Upper Secondary Education Department, aged in her 40s, had collapsed on the job and died after 120 hours of overtime;
• And more!
(Translated from Japanese)