• For flexible work-styles, Labor Ministry proposes amendment allowing for side work and second jobs;
• On the topic of placing an upper limit on teacher working hours, the Central Education Council special subcommittee makes an interim report;
• RENGO (Japan Trade Union Confederation) decides on and announces their “2018 Plan for Spring Struggle for a Better Life”;
• Yamagata University to lay off 300 limited-term faculty members starting in 2018;
• Todai withdraws plan to terminate limited-term faculty after 5 years;
• And more!
(Translated from Japanese)