• The ongoing “povertization” of Japan’s wage-earners sees net income down by nearly 70,000 yen per month over the past 20 years.
• The number of men taking leave after their wives give birth remains at 56%.
• Emergency measures within the year regarding teachers’ work style, including range of duties and pay – Education Minister Hirokazu Matsuno
• The minimum wage debate begins – a 3% increment is the focus.
• Last year’s tax revenue was 55.5 trillion yen – lower than the previous year for the first time in 7 years.
• Household consumption expenditures in May decreased by 0.1% year-on-year, down for the 15th month in a row – Interior Ministry
(Translated from Japanese)