- Do you have compulsory Workers Accident Insurance?
- Have you participated in evacuation drills? Does your company actually hold them?
- Are there evacuation maps in your school?
- Do you know the gathering point in the case of an evacuation?
- Are the emergency exits at your school clearly marked, and not blocked?
- Are there fire extinguishers? When were they checked last?
The General union has raised these concerns at many companies including Berlitz, ECC, Gaba and YMCA. Some progress has been made but we believe the industry as a whole need to make a more concerted effort to ensure the safety of teachers and students.
Contact us if you would like to learn more about ensuring your safety in an emergency. In the meantime, make sure that you are aware of the emergency exits in your school.