Did you know that many of the working conditions that teachers now enjoy have been negotiated between the General Union and Berlitz?
- Enrolment in Unemployment Insurance for MG teachers.
- Enrolment in Health and Pension Insurance (shakai hoken) for those working 30+ hours per week.
- Paid holidays for MG and per lesson teachers.
- Premium pay of 25% overtime and 35% for work on a set rest day
- Right to refuse work on a set rest day or national holiday
- Agreement with the union before terminating, transferring or changing the working conditions of any union member
- Grievances dealing with dismissals, health insurance, unfair treatment of teachers
Want to know more about the General Union at Berlitz in Kansai and Tokai? Give us a call.