Many of the working conditions that you now enjoy have been negotiated between the General Union and Berlitz:
- Enrollment in Unemployment Insurance for MG teachers.
- Enrollment in Health and Pension Insurance (shakai hoken) for those working 30+ hours per week.
- Paid holidays for MG and per lesson teachers. (collective agreements 1994 & 1999)
- Premium pay of 25% overtime and 35% for work on a set rest day.(collective agreement 1994)
- Right to refuse work on a set rest day or national holiday(collective agreement 1996)
- Pre-consultation agreement with the union before terminating, transferring or changing the working conditions of any union member.(collective agreement 1994)
- Grievances dealing with dismissals, health insurance, unfair treatment of teachers.